January 1, 2009

"You're Fired"

My sister posts conversations Addy has with others and I always get a kick out of them, so I thought I would post a recent conversation Michael and I had.

Michael took a late nap Thursday since he got up late. He woke up at about 4:00 and asked for a snack at around 4:30. He ate all his apple and then asked for another snack.

Mom: "You just had a snack, you will have to wait for another hour until daddy goes to get us some pizza.

Micheal: "But I am sooo hungry."

Mom: "I am sorry but you will have to wait."

Michael: "I am not happy. You make me sad."

Mom: "Well, sometimes when I say no you will be sad. That means I am doing my job."

Michael: "You're fired."

Needless to say, I was shocked, did the parent laugh with my back turned, thought about what I was going to say and responded with...

Mom: "That makes me sad. I guess I won't be your mom anymore."

Michael: "I want you to be my mom. You're not fired anymore."

1 comment:

  1. So funny! He is very wise.

    As I am reading this Adeline is looking at Michaels picture and she says "what a great shot" Apparently she really likes his picture.

    Looking forward to Saturday
    Aunt Charity

    ReplyDelete