May 5, 2009

Aliyah Monique


Born May 5, 2009 at 3:11 AM
Weighed 8 lbs. 11 oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long

Our Story:

Michael came two days late so why should she be any different? She was due May 2 and it is now May 4. So, I got up, went to work and went to my doctor's appointment at 2:00. I was now dilated between 2 and 3 cm. I hadn't felt much movement all weekend so they did a non-stress test on me. Due to movement on the monitor she was concerned about low amniotic fluid. They gave me another test and her suspicions were correct. The doctor scheduled me for an 8:00 inducement that night.
As we were getting ready to leave the house my water broke at 7:00 PM in our hallway. I luckily made it to the toilet in time:) Michael was right there and started asking if I was peeing my pants. I said, "No, my water broke, go tell your dad." We dropped Michael off at Diane's house and headed to the hospital.
After being checked in, I was given patossin to speed up the contractions. As they got closer, the pain intensified. I began to cry and shake with each one. I just could not relax for some reason. After about two hours of that and having only dilated to 3 cm, I finally asked for the epidural. Within the hour, I dilated to 10 cm and they prepared me for delivery. After a few big pushes and a few little ones she was born after only 15 minutes of pushing. It was amazing! I was not as relaxed with her but I remembered everything and was a lot more in control during the delivery process. I did not sleep at all the rest of the morning but felt great and was up walking around.
I feel so truly blessed to have two healthy beautiful children and a husband by my side. I thank God and my husband for blessing me with our children. I love my family more than they will ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment